Steps to Creating a Search Engine Friendly Article
Writing a Search Engine Friendly (SEF) content article
Pick 2-3 main keywords and 4-7 supporting keywords
Keyword help sites:
Google’s Keyword Planner:
- Are in the Meta Title
- Are in the Meta Description
- Are in the Page (H1) Title
- Are in the first sentence of the first paragraph
- Repeated twice in the article afterwords
- can be linkable to the main article or similar articles and websites
Supporting Keywords are:
- not the main keyword but help explain the main keyword
- are synonyms to the main keywords
- can be linkable to other pages in the website or other external websites related to the subject
- can be linkable to advertising
Write your meta information first:
- Meta Title, no more than 55 characters
- Meta Description, no more than 155 characters
- Page Title, no more than 55 characters
**Note the page title should not say welcome or home or generic phrases
Free program to count your words:
Articles should be 400-600 or 1100 to 1300 words -1300 is optimal for Google
- All of your content should be 100% original and not copied from other sources.
- Possibly include a bulleted or un-bulleted list
- Include a picture related to the topic
**Note, rename the filename of your image to reflect the keyword.
**Note, link your image to your website.
- Can include a video of the topic
**Note, the video will be viewed before the article is read most of the time.