Sometime, you will get a 2502/2503 error message when trying to install a program from a .msi file.
Here’s how to fix it.
- Log in as an administrator
- Navigate to the C:\windows directory in file explorer
- Find and right-click the temp folder in this directory
- Select properties from the menu and click the security tab
- Make a note of the permissions for the following:
- All Application Packages
- Trusted Installers
- Click the edit button and change the permissions to full control for all of these
- Click apply and OK/close out of the temp folder properties windows
- You can now install the program without issue
- Once the program is installed and working, go back to the temp properties and change the permissions back to what they were before