How to solve issues connecting to SharePoint on the Microsoft Edge browser
Written By: Ian Britten and Tibby Fielding
There is an issue with Microsoft Edge and Java if you are using a later version of both. This problem can cause SharePoint to show an error that says “Undefined global this,” which means it cannot reach the website. If the browser does not have the right versions of Microsoft Edge and Java to reach a website, it will not connect and it will produce an error message.
To fix this issue:
Download the latest version of Microsoft Edge. You do not need to uninstall anything; Microsoft Edge will reinstall over the older version
- Click this link to update Microsoft Edge: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge
- Choose your OS from the drop-down menu
- Next, download the latest version of Java. You do not need to uninstall anything; Java will update to the latest version.
- Click this link to install the latest version of Java: https://www.java.com/en/download/
- Choose the green “Download Java” button
This fix should cure any roadblocks accessing SharePoint through Microsoft Edge.